The course addressed in Physical Therapists, Doctors and other Health Professionals.
Course’s language is English with simultaneous translation to Greek.
EPIMORFOSIS intends to organize a Basic Acupuncture Course with professor Mr Jonathan Hobbs MSc MCSP FHEA.
The program of the seminar is exactly the same as what Mr. Jonathan Hobbs teaches in the UK and is recognized by (AACP).
AACP recognizes this seminar as taking place in the United Kingdom.
The seminar lasts 6 days and will be held in Athens.
The cost of the seminar is 790€.
The course fee is inclusive of first year’s membership to the AACP (worth £82.50).
To finalize your participation, you have to pay 300€.
The remaining amount of 490€ must be deposited at least 2 days before the start of the seminar.
The course covers acupuncture anatomy including meridian pathways and point location in detail.
Clinical protocols are given and a problem solving approach to point prescription is used.
At the end of the course participants will be confident at using acupuncture alongside standard physiotherapy techniques within an outpatient setting.
The course is assessed a number of methods including case presentations and practical needling demonstrations.
The course is a mixture of practical and lectures.
The Objects of the seminar
Meridian pathways / what is an acupuncture point / basic point identification / safe needling / dangers and contraindications / introduction to TCM / pain mechanisms / point needling / point combination / treatment protocols / short answer test paper / Chinese body measurement / extensive practice
- Introduction to the application of acupuncture as treatment of pain.
- To research the pain-theory in the management of musculoskeletal disorders.
- To provide evidence based treatment using Acupuncture in Physiotherapy.
- To introduce the theory and the application of acupuncture in Trigger points,
- To provide to the participants new skills and techniques as treatment.
At the end of the course participants will have:
- Knowledge of new theories about pain and acupuncture.
- Knowledge of meridians and acupuncture points.
- Knowledge of safe acupuncture techniques, including hygiene and sterilization.
- Knowledge of the contraindications of acupuncture and dangerous areas of the body.
- Ability to make a treatment plan where acupuncture is indicated for pain relief.
- Ability to choose acupuncture as treatment, in usual musculoskeletal disorders, using the proper acupuncture points.
You could find more details at: http://www.acupuncturetrainingproviders.co.uk
9.00 Registration – Course outline – Course assessment methods
Meridian pathways – Informed consent – Needle types – Needling methods
11.00 Proportional measurement in acupuncture – Acupuncture points introduction
14.00 Acupuncture points, functional EMG and fascial tension Precautions and contraindications
16.00 Standard point nomenclature – SAFA study – Common acupuncture points. Close
9.00 Non contact task (i) Policy of waste disposal – Meridian pathways
11.00 Group discussion – Pre course reading on infection
14.00 Pain mechanisms – Common acupuncture points
16.00 Case study format. Close
9.00 Recap on Day 2 – Principles of point selection
11.00 Establishing treatment protocols
14.00 Local points: Elbow, Shoulder, Knee, Neck, Back, Hip, Ankle, Wrist/ Hand, Foot
16.00 Important point categories. Close
9.00 Recap on Day 3 – Safe needling examination
11.00 Needling methods (ii) Tonification and sedation – Introduction to TCM – Use of TCM principles in musculoskeletal treatment
14.00 Trigger point physiology – Trigger point location methods: Trigger Point needling
16.00 Incorporating acupuncture into physiotherapy (group task)
Selecting distal points for day three protocols. Close
9.00 Recap on Day 4 – Revision and quiz
11.00 Short answer test paper (1 hour) – Exam marking and discussion
14.00 Painful obstructions syndrome
16.00 Case history illustrations – Segmental acupuncture – Problem solving workshop. Close
9.30 Case history presentations (groups)
11.00 Periosteal acupuncture: Periosteal sites and methods
14.00 Electro acupuncture principles and frequencies: treatment apparatus
15.00 Acupuncture prescription problem solving – Intermediate courses – AACP Membership – Useful websites and further reading
1. Credit or Deposit card payment
You can deposit the down payment or the total fee via credit or deposit card (Visa, Mastercard & American Express) from the webpage of each course, through VivaPayments.
You are solely responsible for the proper entry and the genuineness of your credit/deposit card’s details. EPIMORFOSIS bears no responsibility in case of any error.
Any payment commission is charged to EPIMORFOSIS
2. Deposit – Transfer to our bank account.
You can deposit or transfer the requested amount for your registration to the following accounts, writing your full name in the field “Reason for the Beneficiary”:
NATIONAL BANK of GREECE:
ALPHA BANK :
Beneficiary: EPIMORFOSIS KENTRO EPIMORFOSIS STELECHON YGEIAS OE
The bank transfer fee charged to EPIMORFOSIS
1. A certificate of attendance, a degree or a diploma will be issued.
2. Printed handouts are provided (notes or relevant book).
3. In case of cancellation of the seminar due to EPIMORFOSIS’s responsibility, deposited fees will be refunded immediately.
4. EPIMORFOSIS reserves the right to change the date or postopone seminars, informing participants by phone and / or sms & e-mail. In such a case participants are entitled to request full refund of their fees if they do not wish to attend the seminar on the new date or to use this amount for their participation in other seminars or services of the company.
5. In the event of a strike, government’s bans, heavy bad weather, and generally any event beyond the reasonable control of the organisers which impedes the execution of part or all of the seminar, the organizers reserve the right to change the date and time of the event. In this case the fees are not refundable but are valid as they are.
6. Cancellation of participation due to participant’s responsibility is possible only by email, as follows:
• up to 30 days prior to the start of the seminar, all deposits are refundable.
• up to 15 days prior to the start of the seminar, 50% is refundable.
• no refund after this deadline, exceptions could be only by decision of EPIMORFOSIS.
7. It is possible to transfer deposited amounts to other seminars.
8. The realisation of the course will be confirmed by email or/and sms to be sent to participants, in time.
9. It is advised not to purchase your flight tickets until you receive this confirmation email (or/and sms).
10. EPIMORFOSIS keeps the right to change course venues & Lecturers.
You can make your own reservation declaring the name of Εpimorfosis.
Hotel Delfini** single room B&B 45 €.
More information: Tel.: +30 210 94 15 364 & 94 15 373
Βασικό σεμινάριο Βελονισμού ’21 – ΑΘΗΝΑΣ
€300.00 – €790.00
Training, a steady value for more than twenty years now, leads physiotherapy and keeps it at a very high level, well done to George Karambalis and his associates, we owe a lot to all of you.
EPIMORFOSIS organizes specialization seminars for rehabilitation professionals. I’ve watched a lot. I strongly recommend you trust EPIMORFOSIS for your specialization and lifelong information.
EPIMORFOSIS justifies its name by providing high quality courses. George Karampalis operates more like a constant “trainee” and less like an entrepreneur, and this is an additional positive fact in the effort that is put by the workers and teachers of EPIMORFOSIS.
I have known George Karampalis and EPIMORFOSIS for many years. I’ve had the opportunity to join several clinical courses and I can argue that, at the level of organisation and selection of trainers, they have a high level of recognised prestige.
My first steps in professional specialization started with EPIMORFOSIS and continue. It has been with us all these years, covering the need for modern and documented knowledge, in collaboration with internationally acclaimed educational institutions.
The best physiotherapists training institution. It enables the development of the necessary knowledge for clinical reasoning. High-quality training without having to travel abroad.